A Personal Note From The DEVELOPER
I spend many hours a day as a caregiver for my wife with Parkinson’s for the past 12 years.
Together we have experienced first hand on how the WalkerAlarm and the Nudge can help care for loved ones.
– Bill Trout, Developer of The WalkerAlarm and Nudge
- The Walker Alarm was designed with both the caregiver and care receiver in mind.
- Maintain a Quality of Life
- The purpose of the WalkerAid is to help a person by aiding them when using a walker to reduce their anxiety and improve safety and increase independence
- Caregiving is a 24/7 job. Anything to help make the job easier at night and when the user is alone.
- The project was started at the request of a Physical Therapist and Wife with a Parkinson movement disorder.
- Rechargeable battery
- Biofeedback options of LED light, buzzer, and vibrator
(high stimulus or low stimulus-style)
- Adapts and fits on a wide range of walkers with a surface mount construction for excellent durability
- Easy to attach, turn on and use
- Quiet safety zone to light and vibrate zone
(see zone diagrams)
- FDA Class 1 (exempt) - usable in any medical facility
- FCC tested independent of Medical Equipment
- Around the clock usable
- MADE in America, in Chandler, AZ
- Sleep mode to save battery life
Technical Product information
- Walker Aid products - Class I (exempt) products that have been classified under 21 CFR 890.3825.
- The PING sensor is RoHS compliant as well as all other electronics.
- The UL symbol is exhibited on the charging unit because it is serviced by a 120v AC source.
- UL doesn’t apply to the Walker Aid electronics since it operates on DC below 5 volts.
- WakerAid products have an FDA product code ITJ and are 510(K) exempt.
- 510(k) Premarket Notification - also called PMN or 510(k). Mar 26, 2018 510(k)
- Medicare Level II HCPCS Code A9280
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- E- 7/16/2015 Walker Aid 3rd party (Northern Arizona University) test showed it signals the user when the walker has moved a given distance from the body.
- The Lithium Battery - A Polymer type has a PMC protection circuit and will last a full day of usage and more.